Monday, August 9, 2010

Banana Blueberry Yoghurt Popsicles

With the temperature rising above 25 degrees today, as it has done every day this last week, I started to rummage in the kitchen cupboard the other day...trying to find those old fashioned popsicle molds I got from my mom some years ago.

When I was little my mom used to make yoghurt popiscles for me and my sisters....I guess these memories from back in the days are so strong, that I do not consider it to be summer until I have eaten a homemade popsicle in the sun...

The whole rummaging for popsicle molds came about after I found this recipe by Martha Stewart. These popsicles are delicious!!!


Banana Blueberry Yoghurt Popsicles
(makes about 8)

Ingredients:
450 gr ripe bananas
0,4 dl yoghurt (plain or vanilla)
3 tbs of sugar
juice of half a lemon
0,3 dl of fresh blueberries

1.) Peel the bananas and put them into a blender. Puree the bananas until smooth.
2.) Add sugar, yoghurt and lemon juice, and blend.
3.) Pour half of the mixture into the popsicle molds.
4.) Add blueberries to the remaining half of the mixture and puree a bit more. You'll want to leave some blueberry chunks into the mixture, so that it's not completely smooth.
5.) Pour the rest of the mixture into the popsicle molds.
6.) Transfer to the freezer and leave until frozen (this takes about 8 hours).
7.) When you want to serve a popsicle, dip the molds quickly in hot water (or hold under a running tap) to unmold.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Don`t know if you understand norwegian, but that "icecream" looks delisious...

    A helthy alternative to me who loves delisious, fat and creamy icecream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hei Fru Tunheim!

    Jo da...norsk er ikke noe problem. Burde jo kunne det etter å ha bodd her en del år!

    Disse er virkelig nydelige! Først den litt søte delen med banansmak og så den litt mer søt-syrlige delen med blåbærsmak og blåbærbiter. Nam nam! Hvis du ikke har ispinneformer fra før, så har jeg sett dem på Nille forrige uke til 24.90 for en form til 4 ispinner!

    ReplyDelete