Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happiness...


... is having the right to vote!

This will be the first time I will be able to vote in Norway. Since I'm not a Norwegian citizen, I am only allowed to vote at the municipal and provincial elections....but after the tragedy at Oslo and Utøya earlier this summer, I will definitely use my right to vote and not let our democracy be destroyed, just as prime minister Jens Stoltenberg said in his speech on the day of these tragic events:

You will not destroy us.
You will not destroy our democracy,
And our commitment to a better world.
We are a small nation, but a proud nation.
No one will bomb us into silence.
No one will shoot us into silence.
No one will ever scare us from being Norway.
This evening and this night we will take care of each other,
Comfort each other,
Talk to each other,
And stand together.
Tomorrow we will show the world that the Norwegian democracy will be strong when it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment