Saturday, July 2, 2011

Atlanterhavsløpet - The Atlantic Road Run

A couple of weeks ago I did it....I challenged myself by signing up for The Atlantic Road Run - a 12.5K run across the famous Atlantic Road from Kårvåg at Averøy to Bryn Stadion at Vevang.


I prepared for the run by running on the treadmill at the local gym, but after a small accident in the kitchen where I got second degree burns on my left foot (...never put boiling hot cauliflower soup into a blender!!!...), I couldn't run for a while. So with only a couple of runs on the treadmill before the Atlantic Road Run, I seemed to have set myself up for disaster....but a challenge wouldn't be a challenge without a couple of hurdles along the way....so I showed up at the start anyway and just hoped I would be able to finish. My hubby guessed that if I would finish, that I would use 1 hour and 19 minutes......I just hoped I would finish within 1 hour and 30 minutes, and definitely not be the last person to finish...if I did finish at all!



Well, all my hopes and dreams were surpassed by actually finishing the local run and beating the time my hubby had guessed! I finished in 1 hour 11 minutes and 43 seconds! I am hooked....I have definitely been bitten by the running bug and can't wait to participate in another run!

No comments:

Post a Comment