Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fish Stew

I try to have fish on the menu twice a week, but apparently I forgot to do that the last couple of weeks... So it was about time that I went to the local fishmonger and bought some great cod filets to try another recipe from the newest book in my cook book collection. I can recommend this lovely mild fish stew to anyone!


Tomato Fish Stew
(4 persons)

Ingredients:
600 gr filets of cod (without skin and bones)
1 onion
1 red (bell) pepper
a handful of mushrooms
butter
fishstock
400 gr canned tomatoes
3 dl crème fraîche
salt/pepper

1.) Cut the fish into bitesize pieces.
2.) Dice the onion and the red pepper, and slice the mushrooms.
3.) Add a tbsp of butter to a medium sized cookery pot and fry the onion, red pepper and mushrooms until golden.
4.) Add the fishstock (I used a cube), canned tomatoes and crème fraîche and stir well.
5.) Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
6.) Add the pieces of cod and let it simmer for another 4-5 minutes.
7.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
8.) Serve with rice and some fresh basil leaves.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment