Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Summer Salad

It seems that summer is finally here....It's twenty degrees and I am lying outside in the hammock. What more could I want? Well, maybe another portion of this lovely summer salad I made this afternoon...


I just mixed a lot of different goodies that I found in the fridge or one of the cupboards - lettuce, pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, chick peas, kidney beans, corn, feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and last but not least...some home grown garden cress.

This time I just used a little bit of oil and vinagre as dressing, but this salad is also great with the avocado sour cream dressing I made earlier this week...

Avocado sour cream dressing

Ingredients:
3 dl of sour cream
2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp of lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper

1.) Split the avocados, remove the pits, remove the flesh and turn it into a mash with a fork.
2.) Add the sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper and pressed garlic.
3.) Stir and enjoy!

Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment